Spicy Citrus Seared Beef Salad Bowl
A yummy HCG compliant P2 recipe using organic ingredients
Write a review
- 100g Lean sirloin beef steak trimmed of fat (organic or grass fed is best)
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- Juice of ½ Orange
- Juice of ½ lime
- Sprinkle of dried chili flakes
- 1 tsp Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 Cups Lettuce
- 1 C Asparagus (or sub cucumber chopped)
- ½ small witlof chopped
- ½ cup torn basil or thai basil leaves
- 1 shallot sliced thinly
- Handful of ripe cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp sauerkraut juice
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine orange juice, lime, vinegar and garlic clove in a small glass dish and leave beef to marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Prepare salad bowl by adding lettuce, tomato, witlof shallot in a bowl.
- Heat a grill pan or frying pan on medium heat. Add asparagus and 1 tbl water to the warm pan and cook evenly until done to your liking. Remove and allow to cool on cutting board.
- Add beef steak to pan and cook until browned on both sides and done to your liking (depending on thickness). Usually a good rule is 3 mins per side for rare.
- Remove steak and allow to sit on cutting board for 10 min. When cooled to touch, slice thinly and chop asparagus to 4 cm pieces. Add to salad and top with basil leaves and dressing.
The Remedy Project http://theremedyproject.co.nz/