Simple Summer Frittata
This is my go-to “bring a plate” dish for the last couple of years because it is dead easy to make with a few ingredients. I have brought this along to new mum’s who have food intolerance, meditation retreats with vegetarians, baby showers with breastfeeding mamas, school events, shared lunches and picnics. Its a crowd pleaser. Did I mention it is super delish? Serve it with a bit of green salad or a few crispy flax crackers. Also a staple in my house during any Whole30!
- 10 Organic Pasture raised eggs, cracked and whisked in a bowl
- ½ cups chopped soft herbs such as parsley, basil or dill (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- fresh black pepper
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 small tomato thinly sliced or a few cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ a red or yellow capsicum diced
- ⅓ C Almond milk or coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 180
- Line a pie dish with baking paper generously overlapping. (use coconut oil to help the paper stick)
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into pie dish making sure baking paper is in place. Top with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake in oven for 25-40 minutes or until center is set. Check after 20 minutes. (I check by pressing on the center to see if it is set)
- Enjoy a slice any time of day. Store any uneaten frittata in the fridge.
- You could half this recipe and make in a smaller dish