Roasted Sausage, Potato and Capsicum
This dish is a family winner! I have always loved the combination of sausage, peppers and onions, something anyone from Philadelphia has eaten most of their lives! But the addition of the tiny new potatoes gives this dish completeness thanks to the healthy carbs. It is a easy sheet pan meal which I love because it’s all made in one pan. EASY. I saw a version of this on my Realplans mealplan by @bitsofbbskitchen and decided to simplify the recipe to make it with local NZ ingredients.
- 400g new potatoes cut into quarters
- ½ yellow onion cut into 6 wedges
- 1 red capsicum sliced into 2 cm strips
- 1 280g package of L’Authentique Roast Chicken Chipolata (Moore Wilson and NW) sliced into 2-3cm chunks
- 2-3 TBL Olive oil or Avocado Oil
- Fresh or Dried Thyme and Rosemary to season
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 180. Grease a large roasting dish or sheet pan with oil. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss to combine. Spread on baking dish in a single layer. Place in the oven for 35-45 minutes until potatoes are fork tender and browning.
- I double this recipe for the family or if I want leftovers for lunches
- Please share your meal with instagram and tag @the_remedy_project I would love to see your food 🙂